Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions from oil and gas operations in the Net Zero Scenario, 2021 and 2030. – IEA
Recent Market News:
- In 2023 Mercedes-Benz plans to install 10,000 high-power EV chargers worldwide, starting in the U.S. and Canada, making it one of the few major car companies aside from Tesla to invest directly in such a project. – WSJ
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company committed a $15 billion investment in low-carbon projects that include a first of its kind CCS project, new cleaner energy solutions (hydrogen and renewables), and further electrification of operations. – Carbon Credits
- Hanwha Group announced plans to spend $2.5 billion to build an entire solar-manufacturing supply chain in Georgia, the biggest solar investment spurred so far by the massive tax incentives the U.S. introduced last year. – WSJ
- 1/09/23: Enpal, a German-based solar-panel company, announced $230 million in new funding from a group of investors led by U.S. private-equity firm TPG in a deal that values the closely held company at $2.4 billion. Enpal rents out solar-power systems to homeowners, including rooftop solar panels, energy storage batteries, and electric-vehicle charges. – Reuters
- 01/09/23: Silicon Ranch raises $600 million in equity for its holistic take on solar development, in which the Company owns and operates utility-scale projects for long-term periods. The money will support the construction of Silicon Ranch’s multi-gigawatt pipeline of contracted projects. – Canary Media
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.