Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
How carbon prices are taking over the world – The Economist
Recent Market News:
- Shares of utility NextEra Energy cratered in their largest one-day drop since the start of the pandemic as worries about higher interest rates continue to batter clean-energy stocks. – WSJ
- At One Ventures, a three-year old climate technology venture firm, raised $375 million for its second fund in a sign that although equities are struggling, funding remains relatively resilient. – TechCrunch
- Oil and gas company executives held discussions with heavy industry bosses on Sunday in the U.A.E in an effort to agree to a firm commitment to reduce carbon emissions ahead of a UN climate summit next month. This year’s conference, known as Adipec, had a slogan unlike years past: “Decarbonize. Faster. Together.” – Reuters
- 10/3/23: Bill Gates-backed electrolyzer start-up, Electric Hydrogen, to supply 1GW of green hydrogen projects as it leads new investment round. The firm has secured $380 million in oversubscribed Series C funding becoming the industry’s first unicorn. – Hydrogen Insights
- 10/2/23: Muir AI raises $3.25 million seed to help companies determine the size of their Scope 3 emissions. – TechCrunch
Research advances in mechanisms of climate change impacts on soil organic carbon dynamics – IOP Science
How ESG can enhance profitable growth – Inside the Strategy Room – McKinsey & Company
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.