Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Automotive Industry Global Vehicle Sales. – JPR Projections
Recent Market News:
- The World Energy Outlook report by the IEA found that global demand for each fossil fuel is forecasted to peak or plateau by the 2030s. The share of fossil fuels in the energy mix is expected to fall to 60% by 2050. – Renewable Energy World
- Investment firm Lower Carbon Capital is managing $2 billion in capital across funds focused on nuclear fusion and carbon removal. Managing Partner Chris Sacca claims that the money from the Inflation Reduction Act, paired with existing and growing demand, makes climate investing recession-proof. – TechCrunch
- Maine will join more than 20 states in offering Commercial Property-Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) loans. C-PACE loans allow commercial property owners to pay for clean energy and energy efficiency upgrades through their property tax bills without making a down payment. – Renewable Energy World
- 10/31/22: Blackstone Inc. has agreed to buy a majority stake in Emerson Electric’s climate technologies unit for $14 billion. Emerson will retain a 45% stake in the climate tech business and use the proceeds to invest in automation-related companies. – Reuters
- 11/1/22: Verisk Analytics has agreed to sell its consultancy business Wood Mackenzie to private equity firm Veritas Capital for $3.1 billion. Wood Mackenzie provides data, analytics, and insights for the energy, renewables, and natural resources industry. – Renewables Now
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.