Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
The Biggest Source of Power in Every State and Province. – ENERGYminute
Recent Market News:
- Supply chain challenges, trade disputes, and pandemic-related disruptions have caused commercial solar energy development to be far off the pace set in 2021. Through the first half of 2022, less than 1.5 GW of solar capacity has been added, while the full year of 2021 saw more than 5 GW of new capacity installed. – Renewable Energy World
- Due to limited profitability, utility companies and gas stations are at war over who will own and operate electric vehicle charging stations. There are more than 145,000 places to refuel a gas-powered car and only 11,600 points where any EV can charge quickly. – Jennifer Hiller on Wall Street Journal
- The Department of Energy announced plans to provide $550 million in funding to support community-based clean energy in state, tribal, and local governments. The grant will help deploy clean energy technologies and reduce consumer energy costs for up to 250 million Americans. – Energy.gov
- 11/22/22: Swell Energy raised $120 million to further its popular virtual power plant (VPP) programs. The funding will support Swell’s development of 600 MWh of VPPs through the deployment and aggregation of 26,000 energy storage systems across the United States. – Businesswire
- 11/28/22: Range Energy received $8 million in seed capital funding from UP Partners, R7, and Yamaha Motor Ventures. Range produces electric trucking trailers compatible with diesel tow vehicles and all-electric tractors capable of decreasing greenhouse gas emissions by up to 40%. – Businesswire
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.