Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Recent Market News:
- According to the IPCC, the world will miss its 1.5°C climate target. The budget for a 50% chance of avoiding more than 1.5°C of warming is 2,890bn tonnes of carbon dioxide, and we have currently emitted roughly 2,510bn tonnes of this budget. – The Economist
- Wind power is now South Dakota’s largest annual generator of electricity. The state has nearly doubled the number of turbines constructed since 2019, resulting in 52% of total electricity coming from Wind. – Renewable Energy World
- The Clean Energy Industry recorded its slowest quarter in the last three years as wind installations fell 78%, and solar installations dropped 23% in Q3. Additionally, projects totaling 14GW of capacity were delayed between July to September. – Renewable Energy World
- 10/31/22: Next Era Energy Inc. will expand its renewable natural gas portfolio through a $1.1 billion agreement to acquire 30 operating landfill gas-to-electric facilities. Next Era Energy plans to spend an additional $400 million to convert the facilities to renewable natural gas. – Renewables Now
- 11/7/22: Bowman Consulting Group acquired Colorado-based SEI Engineering, a provider of technical services to developers and owners of solar plants. The SEI acquisition will further accelerate Bowman’s solar energy and storage business. – Washington Business Journal
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.