Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Primary energy consumption by fuel, Net Zero Scenario. – BloombergNEF
Recent Market News:
- Energy storage capacity in the US tripled last year but still only has 4.6GW of operating storage. The IRA offers a new investment tax credit for standalone energy storage projects that will help the industry grow 30% annually by 2030. – Renewable Energy World
- A controlled-nuclear fusion reaction experiment known as ignition recently produced more energy than it consumed. In the past year, fusion-energy companies have raised more than $5 billion in private funding, and the industry continues to see increased attention. – Wall Street Journal
- The North American Electric Reliability Corporation said that electric vehicles and cryptocurrency mining pose emerging challenges to US power reliability in upcoming years as power plant closures outpace the replacement of new capacity. Electrical load from plug-in EVs could lead to an increase of 5,500 megawatts of demand at midnight and 4,600 megawatts of demand at 10 a.m. by 2030. – Reuters
- 12/15/22: Eion announced the close of a Series A funding round that exceeded $12 million and was co-led by AgFunder and Ridgeline. The funding will allow Eion, a permanent carbon removal technology company, to build out its distribution partnerships and expand the availability of its patented CarbonLock™. – Cision PRNewswire
- 12/20/22: EQT Infrastructure has agreed to acquire US renewables distributed generation platform Madison Energy Investments from affiliates of Stonepeak Partners LP. MEI develops, owns, and operates distributed solar and energy storage for customers and has a portfolio of more than 386 MW across the country. – Cision PRNewswire
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.