Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Solar sales are down between 77% and 85% since last year – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- Giant batteries that ensure stable power supply by offsetting intermittent renewable supplies are becoming cheap enough to make developers abandon scores of projects for gas-fired generation world-wide. In the first half of the year, 68 gas power plant projects were put on hold or cancelled globally. – Reuters
- Canada imposed an emissions cap on the oil and gas industry, which accounts for about 28% of the country’s total emissions, as a key part of their plan to reach net zero by 2050. – WSJ
- 11/29/23: A new private equity firm, Kinterra, raised over half a billion dollars to invest in projects and companies that produce, refine or process lithium, cobalt, nickel, and other metals that go into lithium-ion batteries used to power electric vehicles. – Pitchbook
- 12/4/23: AM Batteries, a pioneer in the field of lithium-ion dry-electrode technologies, announced earlier this week that it closed a $30mm Series B. AM Batteries focuses on higher throughput dry-electrode manufacturing for lithium-ion batteries. – AM Batteries
- 12/7/23: Congruent Ventures raised $275mm for its third flagship fund to back early-stage developers of technologies that help reduce carbon emissions. – Axios
World Climate Action Summit – Presidency Summary | COP28
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.