Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
2023 will see the most utility-scale solar added in a single year – PV Magazine
Recent Market News:
- A new breed of credit raters focused on assessing carbon offsets seek to bring clarity to a notoriously opaque carbon credit market. While these new raters have already flagged several projects for overstating their impact, there is more work to be done to standardize the rating process. – WSJ
- The world’s largest carbon capture plant, which was shut down in 2020 due to plunging oil prices, gets a second chance. The restart of the Texas-based Petra Nova plant gives a new lease of life for a project that critics saw as one of the industry’s highest-profile failures. – Bloomberg
- 2/1/23: NewGen Energy, an alternative energy system provider in California that specializes in energy systems such as solar PV, energy storage, and backup power solutions, received a strategic investment from Mars Equity Partners. – Business Wire
- 2/13/23: Quino Energy raised $4.55 million of seed funding to accelerate scaling and demonstration of its aqueous organic flow battery chemistry. – PR Newswire
- 2/13/23: Solar hardware maker Nextracker raises $638 million in 2023’s biggest IPO so far. – Canary Media
Report: Public Perceptions of Climate Mitigation Policies: Evidence from Cross-Country Surveys – International Monetary Fund
Clean Energy Tech: A New Industrial Age Dawns by Columbia Energy Exchange with Timur Gül, Head of Energy Technology Policy at the IEA
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.