Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
LNG expansion plans threaten global climate progress – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- A wave of electric vehicles is headed toward America’s highways as questions loom about the grid’s ability to support the increased demand that comes with the push towards electrification. – WSJ
- The European Space Agency launched a new program aimed at researching the feasibility of launching solar structures into orbit, and then transmitting the energy generated back to the ground. – Wired
- Minnesota passed a new climate law last week requiring the state’s power utilities to use 100% clean electricity by 2040. – Canary Media
- Even as governments double down on green energy, surging profits from fossil fuels pull traditional energy companies in the other direction. – WSJ
- 1/31/23: Boston Metal, an MIT spinout working to curb emissions from steelmaking, announced a $120 million Series C funding that will fund the first full-scale green steel plant. – Canary Media
IEA’s Electricity Market Report: Low-emissions sources are set to cover almost all the growth in global electricity
This episode is trash: How the food we waste heats up the planet, and how we can fix it by Catalyst with Shayle Kann
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.