Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
US electric generating capacity build, by fuel type – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- Global miners are spending billions on deals and raising budgets for new projects in a bet on the energy transition, changing the course from a decade-long focus on shareholder payouts. – WSJ
- Fossil-fuel power plants are retiring much faster than renewable sources are getting developed, which could lead to energy “imbalances.” That’s a delicate way of saying that you can expect shortages and blackouts. – WSJ
- California boosted its renewable energy targets again with a new plan to add 85GW by 2035. The plan calls for 2,000 MW of geothermal power plants, 4,700 MW of offshore floating wind farms and 2,000 MW of long-duration storage resources. – Canary Media
- 3/1/23: Sesamm, a French startup that helps financial firms and corporates adhere to their ESG goals by using natural language processing (NLP) to generate insights from digital content, has raised €35M ($37M) in a round of funding to expand internationally. – Tech Crunch
- 3/1/23: NYC-based BlocPower, a software and services business converting residential and commercial buildings to low carbon heating, raised $155M. Goldman Sachs led the financing with $130M in debt. These funds will go to support BlocPower’s business model of using building owners to pay for fossil fuel replacements over time. – Canary Media
Seizing the momentum to build resilience for a future of sustainable inclusive growth – McKinsey & Company
Sustainability: Carbon Offsets and the Issue of Greenwashing – Morgan Stanley
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.