Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
U.S. venture capital investment in electric vehicle battery companies – NY Times
Recent Market News:
- Of the six new, major global carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) projects so far announced in 2023, three are capturing emissions from cement plants demonstrating growing momentum. – BTU Analytics
- Millions of photovoltaic panels reaching the end of their life cycles are stirring up investment in companies aimed at recycling valuable materials and keeping the panels out of landfills. – YaleEnvironment360
- Elemental Excelerator, a nonprofit in climate-tech startups aims to pump $43 million into climate startups this year, up from $8 million in 2022. The nonprofit has previously invested in firms such as BlocPower and ChargerHelp. – TechCrunch
- 3/16/23: Andes, a California based company utilizing microorganisms in farmlands to capture carbon dioxide, raised $30 million in Series A funding. – Crunchbase
- 3/9/23: Chicago-based ClearFlame Engine Technologies raised $30 million in Series B funding to bring to market innovative solutions that power heavy-duty engines with renewable fuels. – ClearFlame
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.