Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
California Carbon Credits Could Return to Highs, Says Jefferies – WSJ
Recent Market News:
- Occidental Petroleum is spending more than $1 billion to build its first of many direct-air capture complexes in hopes the enterprise will give it leeway to operate as a driller decades into the future. – WSJ
- A surge of clean electricity generation is set to cover new power demand globally this year, bringing within reach the Paris-aligned sustainable energy goals set by the International Energy Agency. – WSJ
- Renewable diesel production hit 5 million gallons per day in January, reaching an all-time high. The plant oil and animal fat-based oil has tripled annual production between 2019 and 2022, to 1.49 billion gallons. – WSJ
- 4/11/23: GM announced a $50 million investment into lithium extraction and refining startup, EnergyX. The investment will provide GM with exclusive access to some of the lithium sourced by EnergyX. – TechCrunch
- 4/11/23: Dominion Energy announced the acquisition of Longroad Energy’s 108 MWdc Foxhound solar project. The project will produce enough clean energy to power more than 17,000 homes. – MAadvisor
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.