Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Clean energy developers face a long wait for interconnection in the U.S. – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- After a nearly twenty-year permitting process, the Bureau of Land Management gave TransWest Express approval on its $3 billion transmission line. – Canary Media
- Failure to cut emissions fast enough has begun pushing significant investment into direct air capture methods. The U.S. is leading the charge with $3.5 billion in grants allocated to the technology supported by a recently elevated $180/ton tax credit. – Reuters
- 4/17/23: Noya, a startup that pivoted from carbon capture via existing industrial cooling towers to modular atmospheric carbon sequestering units, raises $11 million Series A. – TechCrunch
- 4/12/23: Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners acquired PurposeEnergy. PurposeEnergy develops, owns, and operates projects that convert organic waste streams biogas for industrial processes. – Quinbrook Infrastructure Partners
- 4/4/23: Cowboy Clean Fuels, a Denver-based company that works to reduce emissions of natural gas, announced the closing of a $7.5 million Series A financing led by Machan Investments. – Carbon Herald
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.