Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Most Americans say government should encourage renewables – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- Mitsubishi has teamed with MUFG to launch a $1 billion decarbonization fund. The fund will focus primarily on US and EU startups in technologies such as floating off-shore wind and sustainable aviation fuels. – Nikkei
- The EU’s new carbon tariff is the world’s first climate border tax, but more are expected to follow. – WSJ
- Folium Capital, a Massachusetts-based private equity firm, is seeking a $500 million raise for Folium Fund III. The fund will deploy capital to decarbonization projects in the forestry and agriculture space. – WSJ
- 5/3/23: Former LA Laker, Rick Fox, raises $12 million in pre-seed investment for his carbon sequestering concrete startup, Partanna. – Canary Media
- 5/1/23: KKR invests $250 million into Indian decarbonization platform, Serentica. – PE Hub
- 4/27/23: Energy Dome, a startup developing a “CO2 battery”, raises a $44 million Series B round. – TechCrunch
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.