Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Global interest in carbon capture and removal has hit new heights – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- Solar investment in 2023 is expected to overtake spending on oil production for the first time, according to the International Energy Agency. – WSJ
- U.S. clean energy installations fall for first time in 5 years. However, clean energy is still the dominant new source of power and 2022 was still the third best year for U.S. clean energy. – Canary Media
- 5/30/23: Pluton Biosciences raises $16.6 million in Series A funding. Pluton identifies and implements carbon sequestering microorganisms. – TechCrunch
- 5/26/23: Charm Industrial secures $53 million to remove 112,000 tons of carbon from the atmosphere by 2030. – MIT Technology Review
- 5/22/23: Undo, an enhanced rock weathering carbon removal technology, raises $12 million in funding. – TechCrunch
Meeting the Goals of the Paris Agreement: Letter from the 100+ Carbon Removal Experts – Carbon Business Council
Better Carbon Sequestration With AI – Fixing the Future – IEEE Spectrum
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.