Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Active CCUS Capacity by Sector – Emerson
Recent Market News:
- A JV between Ford and South Korean battery maker, SK On, called BlueOval SK is set to get a record $9.2 billion loan from the Department of Energy. The loan will finance battery plants in Tennessee and Kentucky. – WSJ
- New research suggests that biodiesel derived from microalgae may actually emit more carbon during production and use than petroleum-based diesel, casting new uncertainty on the technology’s sustainability. – Canary Media
- 6/27/23: Greenlyte Carbon Technologies, a startup using direct capture to remove carbon dioxide from the air and generate hydrogen gas, has raised €4.5 million in pre-seed funding. – TechCrunch
- 6/21/23: Data startup, Highwood Emissions Management, has raised a $3 million seed round to decarbonize oil and gas. The firm has designed a software toolkit aimed at helping energy companies achieve their climate objectives. – Axios
- 6/21/23: Carbon Shield has acquired Phoenix Abandonment to provide a suite of services including plug and abandonment engineering and permitting, innovative greenhouse gas emissions reduction projects, and the advancement of high-quality carbon offset markets. – CityBiz
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.