Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Benchmark’s Global Weighted Average Lithium Ion Cell Price falls 8.7% in August to dip below $100/kWh – Benchmark
Recent Market News:
- Carbon disclosure rules for companies are coming sooner than expected, with both California and the EU set to approve regulations on emissions that cause climate change. The rules require businesses to calculate and disclose emissions from their suppliers and customers. Due to the economic scale of both California and the EU, most large companies would be compelled to report. – WSJ
- The new American Climate Corp is a proposed plan to teach more than 20,000 Americans skills related to heat pump and solar panel installation, building insulation, and forest and coastline restoration. The plan will ideally increase the workforce for renewable and climate tech jobs across the US. – TechCrunch
- 9/19/23: Legence, an energy transition accelerator, has acquired San Diego-based A.O. Reed & Co., a leading specialty mechanical contractor. The acquisition provides clients with expanded coverage to optimize systems and decarbonize the built environment. – Businesswire
- 9/19/23: Plan A, a carbon accounting and ESG reporting platform, has raised a $27 million Series A led by Lightspeed Venture Partners. – TechCrunch
- 9/14/23: Chevron acquired Magnum Development from Haddington Ventures. The acquisition includes a majority interest in ACES Delta, a JV between Magnum Development and Mitsubishi Power. ACES Delta plans to use electrolysis to convert renewable energy into hydrogen and will utilize solution-mined salt caverns for seasonal, dispatchable storage. – Decarbonfuse
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.