Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
- An Oxford University report found that switching from fossil fuels to renewable energy could save the world as much as $12 trillion dollars. – BBC
Recent Market News:
- California governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 2316 into law to create a community solar and storage program. The program will give renters, nearly half of all Californians, access to clean energy and will strengthen the reliability of California’s power grid. – Kelsey Misbrener on Solar Power World
- The US Department of Energy announced the creation of the Floating Offshore Wind Shot. This initiative seeks to reduce the costs of Offshore Wind energy by at least 70% to $45 per megawatt-hour by 2035. – Ethan Howland on Utility Dive
- 9/15/22: Goldman Sachs Asset Management and CleanHill Partners acquired EPC Power, a supplier of high-performance, utility-scale smart inverters. The acquisition positions EPC Power to expand in renewable energy storage markets. – Businesswire
- 9/8/22: CarbonCapture Inc. partnered with carbon storage developer Frontier Carbon Solutions to develop a Wyoming-based project that will permanently remove five million tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide annually by 2030. With the help of the IRA, CarbonCapture plans to have its first direct air capture (DAC) modules fielded by the end of the year. – Businesswire