Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Venture Capital Investment by Climate Industry – CTVC
Recent Market News:
- Direct air capture promises to decarbonize “hard to decarbonize” sectors, such as transportation and agriculture, but the efficiency of the process, which uses energy to pull CO2 out of the air and then compress, transport, and store or utilize it, remains in question. – BTU Analytics
- One of the most important technologies to address climate change got a boost Thursday when a startup, Climeworks, said it pulled carbon dioxide from the open air and stored it underground. Customers such as Microsoft pay a significant premium to buy carbon credits generated by Climeworks, allowing them to effectively offset their own emissions. – WSJ
- Agriculture companies are investing millions of dollars to develop farming programs designed to capture more carbon dioxide in fields, as a possible solution to mitigate climate change, but face challenges in convincing farmers that it is worth their time. – WSJ
- 01/17/23: Forum Mobility and CBRE Investment Management announced a $400 million JV to provide comprehensive, zero-emission charging and vehicle solutions to drayage truck fleets and drivers. – PR Newswire
- 1/18/23: Noon Energy raises $28 million for its new, carbon-based storage tech that could allow long-duration storage capable of powering the grid for days. – Canary Media
It’s time to tackle humanity’s greatest challenge by speeding up the green energy transition – World Economic Forum, Davos 2023
The Electric Grid and Climate Change – 1A Podcast by NPR
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.