Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Most new clean energy jobs are in efficiency and EVs – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- Despite growing investment in renewables, fueled in part by billions of dollars in federal tax credits, the pace of renewable project construction has slowed. Contributing factors include supply chain delays, long waits to connect to the grid, and challenging regulatory and political environments. – WSJ
- 1/18/23: Sublime Systems, a developer of technology to produce decarbonized cement, announced that it has closed a $40mm Series A funding round led by climate-tech focused fund Lowercarbon Capital. – Businesswire
- 1/18/23: Volta, an electric vehicle charging and media company, will be acquired by Shell for approximately $169 million, in a deal that helps Shell establish long-term growth opportunities in electric vehicle charging. – Businesswire
- 1/19/23: AMP Smart and Titanium have finalized a merger that creates a platform offering a unique spectrum of products ranging from roof-top solar to smart thermostats and automated lights. – PR Newswire
- 1/19/23: OGCI Climate Investments invested in CL-Invest, which develops projects to reduce methane and flare emissions from existing oil and gas infrastructure. – OGCI
- 1/24/23: Peregrine Energy Solutions, an integrated and multi-technology clean energy platform with a focus on utility scale energy storage, partnered with global alternative investment manager Castlelake. – PR Newswire
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.