Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Announced investments in U.S. electric vehicle manufacturing have skyrocketed. – NPR
Recent Market News:
- Grid-scale batteries are finally taking off — but now supply can’t keep up with demand. Here’s a recap of what went down in 2022 and a preview of the year ahead. – Canary Media
- In 2022, companies announced over $73 billion in planned U.S. projects relating to electric vehicle battery plants. This is three times more than the previous record, set in 2021. – NPR
- Project developers, utilities, and grid operators are utilizing a mix of options, including building huge amounts of renewable capacity, storing excess power on batteries, and using algorithms to achieve reliable 24-hour renewable energy. – WSJ
- 12/16/22: Arcadia, a technology company focused on providing aggregated data on energy usage and pricing to further the global energy transition, raised $125mm in new funding led by Magnetar Capital. – PR Newswire
- 01/04/23: Caban, a company focused on alternative energy solutions for critical telecommunication infrastructure, raised $51mm to expand its clean-energy solutions to other critical infrastructure sectors. – PR Newswire
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.