Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Industrial CCS Projects in Development. – BTU Analytics
Recent Market News:
- Galvanize Climate Solutions, a global investment firm focused on climate solutions, announced the launch of Galvanize Global Equity. This new strategy will invest in and partner with businesses that engage in the climate transition and global decarbonization. – Businesswire
- Funding from the IRA paired with new technology has allowed farmers to install solar panels and grow crops simultaneously. Agrivoltaics currently accounts for 2.9 gigawatts of global solar capacity and is expected to grow to more than 10 gigawatts by 2030. – Kirk Maltais on The Wall Street Journal
- The Biden Administration approved conditional funding of $1.1 billion to prevent the closure of the Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant in California. The nuclear power industry’s 92 reactors currently generate more than half of the United States’ carbon-free electricity. – Timothy Gardner on Reuters
- 11/16/22: Investment firm Climate Adaptive Infrastructure raised more than $1 billion in its inaugural round of funding. The funds will be used to target low-carbon real assets in the energy, water, and urban infrastructure sectors. – Climate Adaptive Infrastructure
- 11/18/22: NextEra Energy Partners has signed a deal with subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Resources to acquire solar and wind generation assets for $805 million. NextEra Energy expects these acquisitions to contribute up to $230 million to its adjusted EBITDA by the end of 2023. – Reuters
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.