Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Power sector transition to net zero by 2040 – IEA World Energy Outlook
Recent Market News:
- The EPA is planning a series of new rules to limit the emissions both new and existing coal and natural gas-fired plants can emit, driving operators toward carbon-capture. – WSJ
- The U.S. is resuming contributions to the Green Climate Fund (GFC) with a replenishment pledge of $1 billion. – Natural Resources Defense Council
- Union Square and Tiger Global are among the roughly two-dozen VC firms forming the Venture Climate Alliance (VCA) in an effort to invest in climate solutions and decarbonization of existing portfolios. – TechCrunch
- 4/25/23: CarbonChain, an AI-driven carbon accounting company, raises a $10 million series A ahead of the SEC’s looming carbon reporting rules. – TechCrunch
- 4/24/23: Span, a San Fransico based smart-electric-panel startup, raises $96 million. – Canary Media
- 4/24/23: WooDoo, a startup focused on low-carbon, high performance construction materials, raises $31 million. – TechCrunch
- 4/20/23: Ebb Carbon, an ocean-based carbon dioxide removal company, raises a $20 million Series A to develop and deploy its technology. – BusinessWire
Delivering impact from U.S. green bank financing – McKinsey Sustainability
Black Mass: battery recycling to play a critical role in EVs globally – Platts Future Energy – S&P Global
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.