Decarb Weekly, by Industria Partners, is a collection of articles focusing on trends and transactions in industrial decarbonization and climate tech.
Chart of the Week:
Rapid Energy Policy Evaluation and Analysis Toolkit – Canary Media
Recent Market News:
- A government plan to let companies cut their taxes by financing clean-energy projects kicked off with a deal to help fund a $1.5 billion wind-energy transaction. The plan is expected to generate billions in climate financing. – WSJ
- U.S. power plant owners warned the White House that its plan to slash carbon emissions from the electricity sector is unworkable, citing a reliance on costly technologies that are not proven at scale. – Reuters
- Two direct air capture facilities along the U.S. Gulf Coast will receive federal funding under a plan to accelerate direct air capture. – Canary Media
- American lawmakers are weighing policies that would tax the carbon emissions of imports. The EU adopted a similar border tax earlier this year for Chinese and Russian goods made with coal-fired power that lack pollution controls. – Cipher News
- 8/15/23: Occidental Petroleum is set to acquire Carbon Engineering in a deal worth up to $1.1 billion. – Hart Energy
Industria Partners provides focused strategic advisory services to industrial, climate, infrastructure, and energy companies at every point across the business cycle. Through industry connectivity, transaction experience, and expert execution, Industria delivers superior outcomes to its clients.